Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Example Essay Review

For me, the most difficult part of this essay what choosing a topic. I had an extremely hard time trying to decide what to write about. I am not sure why because usually I am very good at that. I think it may have been because the essay was so broad. I could basically write about anything that I wanted to, which was a little overwhelming. I would much rather the teacher give us the topic, or at least narrow it down, but thats just me. Im sure other people are completely opposite. However, once I did finally decide on what I was going to write the essay about, I had no problem writing the paper. It was a breeze!

Some advice that I would give the next 1101 student about writing an example essay is to really focus on your thesis statement. It is the basis of your paper. You want a strong thesis to catch the readers attention immediatly. If you have a weak thesis, then it makes your whole paper weak. In my example essay, my thesis was not the strongest, but I was happy with it so I left it alone.

I have not really recieved alot of comments on my essays. I only got one for this last essay. Im not sure if that is good or bad. Who knows. The ones that I have recieved have been positive though. However, I would like to receive more feedback from other students so that I understand how I can improve my writing. Hopefully on my next essay I will get some more comments.

Kori

No comments:

Post a Comment